ANOTHER WET WEDNESDAY @ 85 WEEKS
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Here I am checking in at 85 weeks and well and happy.
It is hard to believe that I am more than one and a half years post transplant and there is again not very much to report.
Life is just chugging along nicely - some interesting interludes and phone calls - and I was thinking during the night of what I have lost and what I have gained and remembered this poem by
Longfellow.
Loss and Gain
When I compare
What I have lost with what I have gained,
What I have missed with what attained,
Little room do I find for pride.
I am aware
How many days have been idly spent;
How like an arrow the good intent
Has fallen short or been turned aside.
But who shall dare
To measure loss and gain in this wise?
Defeat may be victory in disguise;
The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide.
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
I start the round of blood tests next week and a visit to the Clinic for a review of blood pressure and a few weeks after that it is time for my six monthly change of the stent via ERCP - i don't look forward to it but what "can't be changed must be endured." **
**Edmund Spenser 1552 - 1599
They were very wise words - and I value them.
Thank you for checking in at 85 weeks and for sharing the joy that being alive is for me.
Love and hugs,
Linda.
**Edmund Spenser 1552 - 1599
They were very wise words - and I value them.
Thank you for checking in at 85 weeks and for sharing the joy that being alive is for me.
Love and hugs,
Linda.


0 comments:
Post a Comment