TUESDAY TRAVELS
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
![]() |
| Royal Flying Doctor Australia |
Good Morning from a very cold Adelaide and the news I have this morning is varied. Some positive and some a little more concerning.
It's time I checked in on my own account and I am happy to report that I am doing well, taking medication regularly and that my life is relatively normal (whatever normal is). I am thus far managing to avoid winter ills and chills (due in part to the consideration of friends and family who stay away when they are ill) and also due to the fact that I am careful where I go and try to avoid crowds in closed areas where the germs can spread like wildfire.
Transplant patients and families have a bond that unites them forever and we can empathize with circumstances that arise. Crosby and his family are home and tired - emotion and worry does that but he is in good spirits although seems to have contracted a cold - that's what happens when your immune system is virtually non existent. Hoping it is just a cold and he is able to get over it quickly without drama.
McKenzie still struggles and young Ethan is giving cause for great concern - not quite sure what the problem is but when I read my messages this morning his Doctor at home was making arrangements for the American equivalent of our Royal Flying Doctor service to fly him to Cincinnati. I will keep you posted when there is any other news to hand.
This grasp we "Tranny" patients have on life is at times quite tenuous and there is often cause for concern, but we rest easy knowing we have the best medical attention, the love and care of family and the care and concern of loving friends. Thank you for your care and I am in awe of the communication systems which allow us to be in touch quickly over thousands of miles.
Your prayers and positive thoughts are appreciated and I send love and care your way.



1 comments:
Oh, hoping they all come through this fine. May it just be a little bump on their roads.
So pleased you are doing well and the medication change is working for you
Post a Comment