Powered by Blogger.

GOOD MORNING - A WEDNESDAY WELCOME

 Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Welcome to Wednesday in my little corner of the world and I have an update on young Ethan.
Flight from Georgia to Cincinnati went well but poor little guy had to wait several hours before he got into his room there.   Seems to be this sort of problem world wide.
He is quite ill and can't eat and now his Mom seems unwell with a cold which will be difficult because she wants to be with him and yet puts him at risk.
He had had numerous needles for blood work and now they have put in a PICC line which will sure make life easier for the little guy.
A PICC line is, by definition and per its acronym, a peripherally inserted central catheter. It is long, slender, small, flexible tube that is inserted into a peripheral vein, typically in the upper arm, and advanced until the catheter tip terminates in a large vein in the chest near the heart to obtain intravenous access. It is similar to other central lines as it terminates into a large vessel near the heart. However, unlike other central lines, its point of entry is from the periphery of the body  the extremities. And typically the upper arm is the area of choice.

I remember mine very well and it sure was an easier way to get blood.

This is a rough time for this little family - Ethan is a twin and his twin  brother Eli copes very well with all that happens,  but life is constantly disrupted for them all. 

Please hold good thoughts and prayers for the family and I will update as I hear any news.


In the meantime - celebrate with me 76 weeks of post transplant health and life.
My donor is never far from my thoughts but on Wednesdays more so.



 It is getting to be night time in USA and I wish you a peaceful sleep Ethan.

Love and hugs,
Linda. 

2 comments:

Unknown June 15, 2011 at 2:05 PM  

All the best for the little guy! I didn't know he was a twin! Are they identical?

Congrats on 76 weeks or 532 days!

Linda J. June 16, 2011 at 10:10 AM  

They are identical twins but Ethan seems much smaller because he had a rough start. Eli seems much older.

Love and hugs,
Linda.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and checking on how I am doing.

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP